4th Southern ALPS Big Task
ADPUL is announcing the 2018 edition of the international competition of ultralight (Class 2) gliders and hang-gliders "4th Southern Alps Big Task".
This competition, sanctioned as an FAI Cat2 will take place from August 11 to 19 at the Chevalet Airfield in Aspres-sur-Buëch.
Once again this is a major event for ADPUL and for the region. A challenge that ADPUL is happy and ready to take on.
This competition benefits considerably from the accumulated experience gathered during the 4 last years, and especially from the FAI Class 2 World Championships organised by ADPUL last year. The 2018 event also benefits from the support of the FFVL (French Federation) and CIVL. This competition is registered on the French national Calendar and also as FAI 2 at the CIVL ID:12725.
ADPUL will continue to develop its activities in the Southern Alps and aims to be a major player in airsports tourism development in the area.
The primary aim of this competition is to provide our pilots the best opportunities to fly in the Southern Alps. The tasks will be around 150 to 350 km (even more if the conditions are good) and of course performance will be measured by flight time. We will use a tracking system to follow the pilots during flights
We will use trackers (Flymaster 360) and probably Airtribune. In 2017 we used: //www.livetrack24.com/events/Class2, this provides an example of how they work.
This aerotow competition is designed to bring together the best national and international pilots and will be open (selected by WPRS ranking) to Class2, Class5 and a representative selection of Class1 hang glider pilots. We will also welcome pilots flying ultralight-gliders with auxiliary motors. More details will be made available soon.
We will follow CIVL’s Section 7 rules as far as possible. More details will follow in the Local Rules.
Agenda of the competition
- August 11: registration and welcome of the pilots + training day and safety and pilots briefing in the evening
- August 12 to 18 : 7 days of competition
- August 19 starting 10:00 am: results presentation and prize giving
A typical day :
- 9:00 am - Setting up of the gliders.
- 9:30 am - task briefing: weather, task setting, etc.…
- 11:00 am - start of aerotowing class 5 and class 1
- 12:00 am - start of aerotowing for the class 2 (Swift & Archéoptérix)
- End of afternoon : pilots arrival at goal, typically the "aérodrome du Chevalet at Aspres-sur-Buëch"
The Local Rules are now available here: Local rules
Status of the registrations
Last edited: 27/01/2018