Using this Blog you can exchange and debate on your ideas or news. All members will be able to answer you so don't hesitate to share your thoughts with us.
Ultralight meeting by ADPUL at Belfort-Chaux.
The annual meeting of Ultralight gliders organised by ADPUL is taking place from May 4th to May 12th at the Belfort-Chaux airfield. A well organized event with the help of the local flying Club ABVV. The weather is not the best but we could already flight 3 day's.
A total of 9 Swiftlights and 2 Archaeopterix, one trike to tow.
15 pilots came to participate for a very busy day: school in the mornig, briefing gliders at the end of the morning and free flying in the afternoon, to continue again with some training in the evening.
On Sunday 05 the Vosges were middle in the rain (a few kms north from airfield). However we could fly with a moderate NE wind, a 1600 m cloud base and no opportunities to enter the mountains. Monday it was slightly better, slow wind from SW. The launches happenned late in the middle of the afternoon and the mountains remained unreachable, some pilots flew to the South and made some 100 kms out and back.
The best day was yesterday Tuesday 07 with a cloud base around 2400 m and a weak wind from SE, South over 1800 m and SW over 2000m. Some good flights were done up to the North near Haut-Koenisgburg in the Vosges with a rapid return back to Belfort. Imagine the surprise of the few paragliders we met and with whom we turned in thermals. Probably never seen so many ultralights gliders in the Vosges.
The second part of the week will depend of the weather conditions, it is forseen to fly Friday.
The best performance the day: Jacques Bott 957b7621.igc.zip (57.85 Ko)
Hello Ultralight Gliders pilots !
An Ultralight Gliders Meetingis organized on Belfort-Chaux airfield (France) from May 4th to 12th 2019.
It is just for fly, fun and share all together….
All types of Ultralight Gliders and all countries pilots are expected.
Aerotowing, electric propulsion or gasoline motor takes off will be possible.
Anyone can come from one day , few days , up to the all week.
The Belfort-Chaux airfield is close to Germany, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Belgium, and no so far from Italy , Austria and England.
Thanks to the local clubs, a good logistic will be available for the pilots and their companions. (Camping on the airfield, cheap hotel and cottages renting close the airfield, club house for briefing meetings, electricity for battery and instruments charging, …)
During an evening event, the different types of Ultralight Gliders and their performances will be presented.
Some mornings, benji test flights will be organized for local glider pilots.
Many nice activities possible all around the airfield and the region.
Additional logistic details will be provided soon. So if you intend to come save the date and let me know…
Belfort-Chaux Meeting organizer.
+33 6 47 73 62 75
Finally a mixed results :
- Not the best weather conditions for this period and for the region
- 5 tasks on 7 not so bad, medium distances were flew between 100 and 280 km.
- A few pilots but excellent spirit in the teams.
- An experiment in class 2: been able to fly with free Swiftlights and electrical motor equiped.
- A new concept of Open: the class 5 and 2 are running the same circuit except that the class prolongate by 25 to 30% et get penalised by a 0,83 coefficient.
- Ambiance was top, empowered volonteers, towing at the top, what else...
- An adapted infrastructure: runways, club house, camping...
- A team: the meet director, scoring, comity of pilots with the required skills for the region and weather conditions associated.
- Tasks systematicaly right sized considering the weather.